Monday, April 8, 2013

Product Design -Woofer


I have been thinking about a personal project for a while. Finally I stopped thinking about it and started taking action.


Objective here is to make a product that has got certain features to catch the eye of the people(mission statement). I wanted to start with something very simple and very common in the market.


I started with a very old damaged Woofer kept somewhere in the trash.



I have decided to put an aesthetically better front cover with additional features. Overall size of the woofer remains the same.

I started capturing the existing design in Creo, the latest release of PTC Creo Elements known as ProE before.

  I made a few concepts and selected one for the final design.

I did some tweaking in the final concept and finally made a rough 3d model in Alias Studio  to have a feel of the final design. This model was rendered in Showcase to get a better image.


Front cover will be made by 3D printing (Rapid prototyping).


Will continue……..
Click here to take survey

No comments:

Post a Comment